Monday 6 May 2013

Upton Upon Severn Folk Festival

Up nice and early on a sunny Sunday in May, my family and I jumped on the Folk Friendzy coach tour down to Upton upon Severn in Worcestershire.  My daughters enjoy dancing with this side of traditional dancers and it also means I get to spend the day in wonderful little festivals around the country such as the Upton Folk Festival where 43 sides take part in a weekend of music and dance.

The parade through the town takes a good half hour and my two girls danced their way round before joining the arch which all the dancers pass through.  There was beer flowing, dancers clogging, sticks doing what sticks do best and hitting each other and musicians in every pub.  Next year, we are going to take the whole weekend and camp! Here's a just a few of my photo's from the wonderfully bizarre english tradition.




Morgan enjoying being part of the Arch.

Branwen - arms getting tired!







No comments:

Post a Comment