Friday 16 September 2011

Busy September

Its been a busy start to September. I could write a list, but its too long. Needless to say, the first things that get put at the bottom of the pile is the artwork and creativity. Which makes me feel like an adminstrator and not an artist. But I have just cleared some headspace to be making again. I also have a commission so that will force me to start making again. To make sure I keep doing something creative in between all the paperworky stuff, I have joined a website that I can post images to, I have had to pay for this so it forces me to do it because I don't have a lot of disposable income, so I want to get my moneys worth. I've submitted two funding applications for Corridor Arts which feels quite exciting, more on how that progresses. I had an attempt at John Piper style of working after the exhibition in Eastbourne, of course the outcome was nothing like his, but I quite liked my outcome.
Part of supporting my creative inspiration, is to get out into the countryside, which is abundant with foraging opportunities and after making the sloe gin, blackberry brandy, damson vodka, I've still got enough fruit to make some jam. Ah domestic bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment