Friday 12 October 2012

Come Draw With Me at Studio 61

Yesterday I had the pleasure of spending the morning at Studio 61 in Lea, near Matlock.  I was asked to facilitate Come Draw With Me, a drawing session that is taking place every Thursday morning (10.15-11.30am) as Ruth Gray, who usually runs the session had caught the lurgy that is invading Derbyshire at the moment.  At this rate we will have to take ourselves up to Eyam and into quarantine.

It was a quiet session and I managed to catch up with a commission I've been asked to do for a mosaic mirror.  It was quite lovely to sit in a space, surrounded by beautiful items and just draw.  With no telephone, no internet, no housework or other materials shouting for my attention.  Just me, some paper and pencils and an hour where I didn't do anything else.

Come Draw With Me is running throughout October as part of the campaign for drawing and Karina's Studio 61 is well worth a visit.  She has lots of events planned, including a ladies pamper evening and a christmas shopping evening. 

You can follow this Link to go straight to Studio 61's website.

Ruth Gray, Jenny Oldknow and Me - all cosy in the snug at Studio 61


No comments:

Post a Comment