Wednesday 24 October 2012

Playing with textiles

The past couple of weeks has seen me playing with my embellishing machine and returning to a much loved pastime of making felt textile pieces.  I love textiles and have been neglecting them for far too long.

So here are my endeavours from the last couple of weeks.  I 'm now planning on turning some of my paintings into textile pieces.  Luckily I took  a lot of photos before I gave away a whole stack of paintings last week and I now have a big empty area in my studio to fill with new work. 

It felt really good to give away or swop a lot of paintings, very lightening and refreshing!

Button Moon Cats - Raw silk, merino wool, man made fabrics, buttons and beads
 

Button Moon Cats - Available at Studio 61, nr Matlock

I've also been cracking on with my latest commission, a beautiful mosaic mirror in reds and greens, which is a challenge for me as my colours are more like the ones above.  It also has text as requested by my customer.





You can see more of my textiles and mosaics on  my Facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment