Monday 15 April 2013

New Studio Announcement! We're moving to Cromford Mills.

Oh the unbelievable excitement!  I went with Emma Parkins today to sign a shared lease for our studio in the Cromford Mills complex.  Emma runs Junky Monkey an ethical art company who provides workshops in a wide variety of settings.  We have a lot of similar values and our working together compliments our styles, not only in how we live, but our belief systems and lifestyle.

We have lots planned together, not only in approaching schools to run workshops but to run some events in our own space, Unit 2, Building 16, not a very artistic sounding name, but with the massive variety of artists, such as Laura Ellen Bacon and Rachel Emmerson already in situ, we both feel ready to join this creative community.

This really came about because of my decision to say yes through March to opportunities offered to me.  It has really opened my eyes and widened my horizons by deciding to be positive for a whole month, I have decided to keep with the saying yes to opportunities, because it has really worked well for me.  It has made me happier, more excited about life, more open-minded and in touch with what I really want to be doing.  I've also been reading Marianne Cantwell's Book and doing some of the exercises on how to be a Free Range Human, living your life as though you love it.  Because let's face it, to paraphrase Alan Watts, it's absurb to be doing a job you hate to pay for a house and life that you are never in, while teaching our children that this is the way to live.  So I finish with Watts's question that stuck in my mind...'If money were no object, what would you do with your life?'  I am taking small steps to make money no object and loving every minute of it.


Our Window is just up there on the left...
 




Our Room with a View...
Time to celebrate with coffee and cake in the wonderful cafe.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment